Pinch, poke & prod
See what we’re made of and how we work. Explore the skeletal, muscular, nervous, circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems in a working model of the body. The heart beats, guts gurgle, lungs breathe, and the eyes see.
- 2.0 updates include new stimuli: a swarm of stinging bees, a bright flashlight to shine in the eyes, and even more food to taste and digest.
- The urogenital system is available as an in-app purchase from the parents’ dashboard. Find fun facts and tips in the updated The Human Body Handbook.
- The Human Body reached the #1 spot on the App Store’s education charts in 143 countries and was named one of the App Store’s Best of 2013.
- In-device features are employed for immersive effects: the camera demonstrates vision, the microphone shows how hearing works, photo and music libraries are accessed to illustrate brain functions, and device orientation mimics the effect of gravity on the body.
- Original artwork by Kelli Anderson.
- A recording tool lets you and your kids leave questions and messages for each other.
- A universal dashboard allows you to follow, save, and share conversations with your kids in all Tinybop apps.
With X-ray vision
What it all amounts to is a circuitous, engrossing tour through the human body–one that’s completely self-guided and unique to every user.
The company’s first app, The Human Body, is a real charmer that intuitively guides children and adults alike through the weird, wonderful, and gross workings inside everyone.
There are no goals, no “levels,” no rewards. It’s just there to be looked at, explored. I like that.