Boo! How to get & use (free!) Monsters stickers
With Halloween just around the corner, add some spooky spirit to your text messages with free stickers from The Monsters app. Make your kids laugh by sending them a silly dancing monster or a cackling jack o’lantern emoji.
If you already have the app, make sure it’s up to date and that your device is running iOS 10. Then send text messages with stickers!
If you’re new to stickers, here’s a quick primer:
- Download or update The Monsters app.
- Open Messages, and tap the icon in the upper right corner to compose a new message.
- Tap the App Store icon; it's directly to the left of the text message field.
- Find The Monsters sticker app by tapping on the icon with four dots in the lower left corner.
- Tap The Monsters icon and you'll see all the stickers you can use.
- Tap on a sticker to send it! Or press and drag to place a sticker on top of sent and received messages, photos, and even other stickers.
If you don’t have the app, you can download it on the App Store. For a limited time, it will be available for only $0.99.
The Monsters is a free-play app. Kids turn scary shadows on the wall into wild and scary creatures by building their own monsters from an assortment of creepy parts. Kids can face their fears and befriend their monsters by feeding them radioactive snacks or making them sing and dance. The Monsters “gives kids agency over their fears, allowing them to make monsters of their own. And to cast them away, if they wish.” Learn more about the idea behind the app or read our Q&A with Tianhua Mao, the artist behind The Monsters.
P.S. Learn more about The Monsters in this wonderful review with librarian Carissa Christner.