Welcome to Tinybop, a studio of designers, developers and artists building a suite of educational applications for kids – what we call the toys for tomorrow. Tinybop, Inc. (“Tinybop”, “we”, “us” and “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES.
Your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN.
Tinybop’s Applications are designed for use by children and parents. The Site is designed for parents. We share your concern for the privacy of children and Tinybop does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information about children through Tinybop’s Applications.
We do use third party analytics services that collect anonymous information about app usage.
A few definitions:
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively and will list them in this policy.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
WHAT WE COLLECT.
Before we get started, it may be helpful to further define some terms. “Personal Information” means information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing Information. “Anonymous Information” means Information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information and does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect information about you in a range of ways.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US.
We collect information you directly give us on our Site. For example, if you are seeking technical support, we collect the information that you provide to us when we provide technical support. At your option we may collect your email address so that we can send you information about our products and services. You may elect not to receive this information at any time by notifying us at email@example.com.
WE DO NOT COLLECT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THE APPLICATION ITSELF.
To be clear, within the Application you may be able to set up accounts – both accounts for children that allow a child to play the game and for parents that, among other things, contains a dashboard (a “Dashboard”) that allows you, the parent or other adult to monitor a child’s use of the Application. When creating accounts for you or your child, you may use real names or aliases, as you think appropriate. All such information remains on the Application and is not transmitted or made available to us, unless you make such information available to us, for example, as part of our support services.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED.
On the Site, we automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, Internet protocol (IP) address and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
IN THE APPLICATIONS.
We may use third party analytics services, as described above, but only to collect anonymous data in the Applications to help us build better apps. This information may include type of device, duration of play, location by city or region, and engagement with app features.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, through the Application, you have the ability to send messages to others.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal process.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES.
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Tinybop Inc. may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Tinybop Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us (contact information is listed at the end of this document).
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Tinybop Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We sometimes employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The service providers we use on our websites include:
Google Analytic is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
The service providers we use in our apps include:
iCloud is a service provided by Apple Inc. that allows us to save app data between devices.
Retention of Data
Tinybop Inc. will also retain anonymized usage data for internal analysis. Usage Data is generally retained to understand and improve our services.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
If contacted by a user who wants access to their Personal Data, we will attempt to give them access to their data within a reasonable period of time. As we generally do not collect Personal Data, this will generally be limited to email addresses of users who have signed up for our mailing list.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Tinybop Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Tinybop Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Tinybop Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We take steps to help protect personal information. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. Mistakes may happen. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards.
540 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Last revised on: May 20, 2018